Sunday, April 10, 2016

Broken blessed

At church today the pastor made a point that stuck.  Are you willing to be broken to be blessed.  I never equated brokenness with blessing.
Right now, I can't quantify my brokenness.  I don't know if it's brokenness.  I'm learning me.  And who me is I will find out soon enough.  I was listening to music, and artist described their song as "asking God for the hard things".  Do we really want to ask God for the things we are".
Right now, it's where I'm at.  I know what I want, but do I know what I want?  Right now my pants are loose, my feet are callused and yet I still ask why?  I cooked a chicken and ate chocolate, and still ask why?  Real life is real right now.  I look great, but I don't feel great.  And that's okay.  It's where I'm at.  I know I ended with a preposition, but I'm okay with that.  Acceptance right now is a daily goal, not always achieved.  Where I'm at, not where I want to be.
Another day, another lesson, another blessing.
Broken, not so bad.
God Bless,
R

2 comments:

  1. Regina loved this. You know no matter where we are we are all broken. I love our Lord so much yet I know I sin every single day. I like you will eat that chocolate when I'm working so hard to lose weight and I know He's prompting me to lose it. Hang in there we all fall short of the glory of the Lord, but He loves us no matter where we are at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are accepting where you're at right now in life. It's so hard to do sometimes. I wonder what he meant by willing to be broken to be blessed?

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete