Monday, May 30, 2022

Mountain memories

 Honoring your sacrifice today. Thank you is never enough. 

Some pieces of my heart came to visit this weekend. While I don’t have children of my own, I claim my nephews and niece as my own. They are a true joy. Before they and their parents left we took a little trip to the North Carolina mountains for lunch in Saluda, NC. There is something about an old-timey Main Street that makes my heart smile. 

Mountains

Bring the 

Cool breeze 

And majesty

That makes

You put

The phone down

Embrace

The curves

In the road

And cherish

Ordinary moments

17 comments:

  1. Very well said, Regine. It sure does do just that.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and glad you spent time with special visitors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post. All the best with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect! I like an old time main street too, and I'm glad you had a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to visit the mountains with your family, Regine. It's true, there is a peace to be found in the mountains. Your lunch sounds wonderful. It makes me smile that you are close to your nephews and niece.

    Have a sweet day.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful.. Mirrors our good day here with family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your description of the mountains. It feels like home to me - ..well the mountains are home to me and even those curvy roads. i enjoyed reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a lovely time in the mountains with your family. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my children and I don't like play or talk with other children. But I love give them toys or sweets. When they take a little present from me, their smile of happy is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased you spent time with your family.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makes me want to go visit Saluda soon, I live about 1 hour away in the greater Greenville, SC area. I too am glad that you were able to enjoy some beautiful family time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that sounds like it was the perfect day out, and special with family

    ReplyDelete