Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Lead the way

 Comfortable

Haven’t known

The feeling

In so long

The growth spurt

Of spiritual maturity

God is tired

Of me 

Stuck in

The same place

Day after day

I can’t pretend

I don’t see it

Because my feet

Are no longer 

Stagnant

But moving

Because laziness

And doubt

Are no longer

Viable excuses

To evade truth

Like the plague 

That ravages minds

With impunity

The exhaustion

On inaction

Is overwhelming

So tackling

The roots

Of malaise

Is underway

16 comments:

  1. Praying that the moving forward gets a little easier.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that God is tired of you. I'm not sure he gets tired of any of us. Maybe perplexed, saddened, or helpless but not tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think God gets tired of us. I think he just reminds us that we can do more. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a moving poem. I pray you have some amazing days ahead. All the best with your faith and your love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you been looking through my windows. This could have been written for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to your words. I feel lost. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. our minds can tell us terrible things if we let it, which in turns causes us to stop trying to achieve more, may your thoughts be God's thoughts and may he grant you peace and strength

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is always with us, dear friend. He never leaves us. I hope you have better days ahead and a peaceful and pleasant weekend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete