Monday, January 30, 2023

His

 This weekend I saw my family in Charleston, and I learned some things

Disability has many shades and for as far as society’s come, it shocks me how much hasn’t.  We are all God’s children. We’ve got to be better humans. I’ve learned that I can’t birth children, nor have the stamina to raise them, but I can love them. And that’s enough. I have to believe. This weekend I’ve had to face fears and shove away pride, but I was blessed because I let myself do just that. Thank you Lord, for letting me love others, and have them love me back. I saw a purpose in my disability, and that’s everything. I just remember that the Lord doesn’t give like the world does and I’m appreciative of the fact. 

Let others love you

And love them back

18 comments:

  1. We are bravest when we allow ourselves to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You share great wisdom! We are all so very special and precious in the eyes of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While we are not meant to be to do certain things, we all have the capacity to love and receive love. You are very wise dear Regine <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems you came to some important realizations.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Regine,
    Good for you!
    No one but God knows our inner struggles and society is not supposed to judge us. Happy you manage to love others!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had some powerful revelations! Hope you enjoyed the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some powerful words here, Regine. Thank you for being so open and honest and humble and sharing your heart with us. We are learning from you, and that is another great purpose...Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes - to love and be loved is to feel the sun on both sides! Regardless of the level of our abilities.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Words I needed to hear. Thank you so much💗

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful post, Regine, and your thoughts are deep and true. Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful post, Regine. I'm so glad you had a nice visit in Charleston. Jess loved Charleston when she visited. So many wonderful things to see, and such an historic and charming place to live.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is great when God answers our prayers in his time and his way, we may not see that right away but he gives us many ways to give love that he has given us

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful share from your heart... loving you back my friend!

    ReplyDelete