Monday, June 5, 2023

Monday

 God,

I’m here this morning to thank you for what You reveal in the quiet spaces and hidden places of my heart. I realize I’m not a lost cause. I’m misunderstood. And I’ve never taken the time to correct the record. I’ve stayed silent, and it’s not served me at all. Why must I sink into the background to make others feel comfort at the expense of my own. To be honest, I’ve not felt comfort for awhile. When I said I reside in struggle I meant it. This weekend swimming in the rain was a boon to my spirit. I figured I’m already wet, I may as well embrace it. Maybe I’ve looked at life the wrong way. Get wet, laugh, rest and reset. 

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes embracing it is easier than not. Stay brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever sink into the background! You're worthy of the spotlight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to look at life - take that plunge even when you're not sure of the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fresh perspective! You are most certainly not a lost cause and I too have felt the need to stay in the background, or mostly I have just felt guarded. Now I'm realizing it's okay to just be myself and those who are in my corner will still be there.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words are so powerful, Regine.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're able to let your voice be heard, Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We need to embrace the rain... sun will come and we will embrace it too... Many kisses dear R!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your final comment - get wet, laugh, rest, reset. To embrace the rain and then enjoy the sunshine is an art too many of us fail to do
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great week and a very happy June... 🏳️🏖️☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes to being heard. Praying for a week of peace and joy for you!

    ReplyDelete