Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Captive

 Some days you act. Some days you stay still. Some days you just dance. Some days you stuck. It all has a season. A reason for the feeling. Some days you lose. The losses sting. Then God makes an appearance through a friend, and the loss has a purpose. Community and commiserating feels like a win. When you realize you’re not alone in the thoughts that rattle the brain at three AM. 

You count sheep. Praying for sleep to come as the eyes close. I’m taken back to the here and now as said friend sends a message reminding me of the rare gem I am. It’s what I needed to hear. Lift people up. The ones with the perfect life struggle too. We just mask our pain and plaster smiles on our faces. Nothing like some sunscreen, rich cream and some rouge to perpetuate the ruse. 

The truth is I want the truth. I don’t need my bottom kissed. I need a love that isn’t a bargaining chip for what can be given to you. The truth is setting the captive free.  The captive is me. 

Love yourself and one another. 

R

13 comments:

  1. Incredible words my friend! Right here is truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like these thoughts that we all have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! And you're right...all of us have our own struggles in life. That's why kindness and grace are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said! May we all seek God's truth in our lives and be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so important to be who we are. The people who love us will not care if we're having a slow day or a cheery one. That's what loving is for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is absolutely true that the truth will set you free

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's life, the good/great, the bad and the not so bad/not great!! we have to learn to love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sendxing love and BIG hugs! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A true friend - one who tells you what you need to hear (the truth) - is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how a few kind words can lift a person up so much. Beautiful words, Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the truth if I ever read it and expresses how it is in reality when it comes to being true friends. Once in a while I get uplifting words and messages. It does raise my heart straight to the Lord in gratitude for it. As with the rest of us, I too have trials. I know Who is with me the entire time, walking right alongside me.

    By the way, I loved your fill ins the other day about food, vacations, etc, and mentioned it on Face Book, I didn't have your permission of course, to say your name or blog- but I told how much I enjoyed it...and shared several of the questions with my friends there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you make the statement that the 'perfect' people have their struggles too - encouragement is the perfect gift at all times
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete