Monday, February 4, 2013

glass half full or half-empty

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how blessed I am, I still may look at the glass half-empty.  A thousand things may be great, but I choose to focus on the one negative thing that occupies my brain.
To combat this, this is my gratitude list for today:

1.  The bagel and hot coffee I enjoy this morning
2.  My new nephew
3.  My sister thriving after having given birth after 36 hours of labor
4.  My poodle many sweet kisses
5.  A roaring fire in the fireplace

Hope all is well, this afternoon!
R

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I saw this saying/quote somewhere the other day: "The things you have are the things that someone else is praying for."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea!! Totally might do this too, love it :) xxx

    www.justanotherfashblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it is so me! I am so negative..

    congratulations on your new nephew!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way. For some reason it's so easy to focus on the negative. Love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete