Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Confession

Good morning, friends!
Writing truth can be painful, almost brutal.  I saw a quote on Facebook yesterday that got me thinking.  Toni Morrison has never spoken any truer words.  Definitions belong to the definers, not the defined.  I have let so many people or society put definitions on me that I have started to believe them.  Handicapped and disabled are not my definitions.  Records are records, they are meant to be broken, doesn't mean we may want them too; the same can be said for definitions.  I may not run a sub 4 minute mile, but it's just a number.  What we do versus who we are.  Am I a writer or a person who simply writes?  I'll let you answer that.
Song of the day-"Great God We Serve" by Laura Story
Bible verse of the day- In honor of Passover the book of Exodus
Bon journee mes amis!
R

11 comments:

  1. You are so right. Writing can be painful + brutal. That's a great quote!

    http://www.brightandsassy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Toni Morrison!
    What a great quote!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I've just started my blog, I completely understand that quote.. and it seems so easy!
    Thanks for stopping by, you've won a fan!

    Alma
    http://polkadotsflowers.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great quote! Why do we always need to put labels on everything/one?

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are who we are and that's what makes us beautiful and unique. Thanks for your post, I loved it.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A post to make us all think! It's true we don't need labels.Enjoy the rest of the week.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog posts are so beautiful! don't let anything define or label you unnecessarily. i looked further down and see you listen to joel osteen. i love him! his messages are always on point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regine, your comment on my blog got trapped in the spam filter but I fished it out and I want to thank you for taking the time to comment. Never be afraid to be exactly who you are ;-)

    Spashionista (Alicia)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quote. I think the most important thing is how you feel on the inside and how you see yourself. If you see yourself as a writer, then that's what you are. I know I will never be a "sporty person", I'm only a person who does some sports ;-) Great post, really made me think. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, have a lovely day xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..
    bible verse of the day

    ReplyDelete