Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Tribute

I had planned to write this Tuesday, but I feel a tug to post this. I have contemplated writing this for months, and the one thing that has me sharing this is that this advice is too important. One of the greatest humans passed unexpectedly, but his words haven't. I'd go to church Sundays looking forward to what wisdom he would impart to me. Allen never forgot to hug me, ask me how I was, and tell me how beautiful I was. He never forgot to tell me I was exactly how God thought I should be.   He saw my heart. He sought to know me, the real me. He gave me comfort, yet encouraged me to embrace the flaws. He gave me courage to follow my heart, and not the crowd. He and I didn't agree on everything, but I never felt demonized for it. He was one of the few who encouraged me to keep writing as long as I loved it, and it glorified Jesus.   When I pondered questions I couldn't answer, Allen told me something I'll never forget. He said "Jesus was an intinerant beggar, and not fully ever loved or appreciated."  "If He was fine with that.  He didn't have to finish that sentence. Five years. I'm in awe. If I can still love it, and glorify Jesus, I'll do this. My net worth is not determined by dollar bills or human approval. Jesus, in all, let Your love be glorified.

25 comments:

  1. Dear Regine- what a wonderful tribute. This was not only to your friend but to Jesus as well. So glad you shared. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful truth... praising God for faithful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very moving tribute Regine, and such wonderful advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep glorifying Jesus! Your words are so special when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and moving tribute!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for you loss, but what a lovely way to honor him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend left you with a wonderful gift, a thought of love that keeps you going. So wonderful!


    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post, Regine. Thank you for sharing your heart. Allen imparted some Godly wisdom to you and it blesses my heart that you have taken it to heart...and that Jesus is using your circumstance to bring glory to Himself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A tremendous perspective. Mourn with joy, you know where a man like that will be waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very sorry for his passing. Allen must have been a wise and wonderful man. A beautiful, heartfelt tribute Regine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were blessed to have such a dear friend. Your tribute touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regine, your friend sounds like he was a wonderful friend and mentor. I'm sorry you lost your friend but we have the blessing of knowing he is rejoicing with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stopped by to thank you for visiting my blog today, and was overwhelmed with emotion as I read the loving tribute you presented to your dear friend Allen. I suspect that friendship was reciprocated, too. Bless you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen.
    Your tribute touched my heart.
    Bless you, dear Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He sounds like an amazing man. I am so very sorry for your loss and send words and wishes for peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really awesome and beautiful.
    Thank for this sharing.
    Pen with pen drive

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a lovely tribute to someone who sounds like a special friend. I am sorry for the pain of your loss but suspect there is joy too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete