Monday, September 2, 2024

Revelry

 Taking a walk

Down the gravel road

Off to the mailbox

Checking to see

If I have 

Wonderful surprises

Ahead of me

Taking simplicity

Making it

Extraordinarily joyful

Because in all travels

The memories made

Are ordinary interactions

In everyday spaces

In the backdrop

Of the magnificent

Cathedral

Is the Father

Asking if 

Anything is needed

On my end

As I dream

Of wild surf

Crashing against

The cliffs

With a chilled air

I realized

I’m humming

Yellow Submarine

On a cloudless

September evening

Full of 

Anticipatory revelry

15 comments:

  1. Joy in the simple things is the best. Happy labor day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple pleasures are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your simple things in life. Yellow submarine! I haven't thought of that in ages.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy awaits around every corner, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy September Regine! I want to thank you for coming over sometimes just to say Hi. Means so much to me.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is full of simple pleasure if only we take the time to notice them.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now I'm humming Yellow Submarine too!
    Have a wonderful September,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh what a splendid scene you paint with your words here. You're awesome and don't you ever forget that my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! You are able to evoke pictures in my mind with so few words. Amazing ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I talk a walk this morning for the first time in quite a while! I really enjoyed it! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful words, it felt like we were walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my daily walks to the mailbox! It is a perfect time to contemplate life and enjoy the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely! I agree about the mail box. It's an anticipatory time and when it's a lovely day, all the better!

    ReplyDelete