Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy November, readers!  Since this is the month of Thanksgiving, I thought I would include my list for what I give thanks.
  • My faith in Jesus Christ.  The Savior and Lord of my life gives me a daily reprieve of my many sins.  The ones I knowingly commit, and the ones that aren't so apparent.
  • My family and friends that give me the love and support to continue on this journey we call life.  Without these two components- Life is rendered meaningless for me.
  • The Stars and Stripes- No where but these beloved states could a story like mine be written.
The basic necessities- Food and Shelter-if these two are checked off your wealth is exponentially greater than most of the world's population.
Here are some of the small things for which I am thankful
  • Fresh picked fruit- I love picking fresh raspberries from the bush in my backyard
  • The way my beloved poodle gives me the sweetest kisses in the morning
  • Snail mail- I love opening up my mailbox and seeing a letter addressed to me.  Over the next few weeks I will reread that sweet note a friend took the time to send my way.
Friends, what are you thankful for today?  What are some simple pleasures that bring you joy?  Happy Thursday!
R

3 comments: