Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday's thoughts

I am a very impatient person.  Most of the time it seems I need instant gratification.  God and I lock horns on occasion.  It's more than I would like to admit.  I would love to be in denial about this, but I can no longer do such a thing.  I must let the truth set me free.  I want God to heal my body completely.  I would love for God to give me the inner desires of my heart of which He already knows.  I spoke with a friend recently who shared a song with me that spoke to my heart.  It's called "I'll Wait" by the Katinas.  There is a lyric in that song that says:  "I've found a peace in being still if that's Your Will." 
This is quite a statement of faith.  I need to let and let God, if I am to regain my peace of mind.  I need to wait no matter how painful that may be.  The Book of James says: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  I need my faith to be tested so it may produce perseverance.  With every struggle and each day I wait, I am getting an allotment of perseverance which is much needed.  I shall persevere and thrive.  It is my sincere hope that you dear readers will as well.
R

2 comments: