Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday memories

Happy Friday, friends!
Yesterday I was ordering magazines on my Ipad.  It was just a simple transaction, I thought.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It was much more, however.  After I finished ordering the InStyle and Conde Nast Traveler apps, I was reminded of one of my favorite holiday memories. 
Every year for as long as I can remember, Reader's Digest, has been associated with being a treasured memory.  I would receive a card in the mail says that I have a received a gift subscription to this timeless institution of reading.  Before I would get to the bottom of the card, I already knew who it was from.  It was from my Pop Pop.
Pop Pop knew and still knows today my love of reading and acquiring knowledge.  I still love to do crossword puzzles with him as well.
Readers, any treasured holiday memories?  Would love to hear!
R

3 comments:

  1. My favorite holiday memories include sights, smells taste and feeling of the season. The smell of fire wood and the crackling sound it makes has almost a hypnotic appeal, the taste of hot chocolate with its marshmallows that seem to melt on the tongue. A familiar song that takes you back to winters past in your mind and decorations that line the streets of small town America. All of these make me feel nostalgic and remind me of people and holidays spent with those still with us and those who have since left. It is really a spirit of the season I believe because no matter what your religion most everyone is smiling and happy and enjoying family and friends this time of year. All while helping their fellow neighbor. "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete