Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Want vs.Need

Lately I have done quite a bit of thinking.  Not a good idea, I know!  While I believe wholeheartedly in Jesus doesn't mean I don't have seasons of questions, seasons of doubts.  I have questions, but I dare not ask.  The answer may be one I am not prepared to hear.  It's a battle of the flesh versus the spirit.  It always comes back to two things I've always struggled with at some point.  Acceptance and Surrender.  Those two words sting to even type.  What I need versus what I want.  And I want a lot of things.  God gives us what we need versus what we want.  It's a tough pill to swallow, and to know God knows what I want before I do.  It's like wanting the pretty heel versus the need of the plain Mary  Jane.  I know shoes what a petty analogy, but it's the one that came to mind.
Song of the day- "Beauty Will Rise". By Steven Curtis Chapman
Give me your Bible verse please!
R

8 comments:

  1. Wow, deep thoughts, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post, especially what you said about God knowing what you want before you do. I've been seeing that in my life lately. There are a lot of things I have now, and want to keep, that I wouldn't have if I had been given things I wanted in the past.

    I was all set to tell you to go and take your questions and doubts to the Lord anyway, but then I read the next sentence about how you aren't ready for those answers. I have totally been there. It's funny, one night, I was praying and telling God I was lacking faith in my preparedness for something. All of a sudden, a scene from The Princess Bride (my favorite movie) came to mind, and it was when Inigo tells the Man in Black, "We'll wait until you're ready."
    They chat a little and the Man in Black gets up for the duel. Inigo says, "You are ready, then?"
    "Whether I am or not, you've been more than fair."
    I knew immediately that was the Lord's way of telling me He had been more than fair in allowing me to wait this long, and I needed to get my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you seashmore! Something to think about!

      Delete
  3. The heels. They're pretty. Hot. In style. Everyone has them. But those plain mary janes. That's what gets us around. That's what keeps us going. Sometimes we get so caught up in what we want, they we over look what we need. And sometimes we lose sight of the fact, that when God provides those things we need...that those things are actually good. Mary janes are cute! They are fun! And reliable.

    And you know what. Sometimes...God even surprises us with heels every once in a while.

    Questions are good. Keep having them and asking them.

    I promise you, you're not the only one who believes and yet still doubts.

    Be blessed, today, friend <3 Nice to meet you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! shall we follow let me know
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be hard at times but I think you are right and this is very insightful

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lord knows that those Mary Jane's will get us farther with less discomfort..It is good to think...especially on good things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to that. Life is full of hard lessons, but they are the ones we need to learn.

    ReplyDelete