Saturday, August 15, 2015

My younger self

I just finished listening to "Dear Younger Me" by MercyMe, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  What would I tell a younger me?

1.  Enjoy the struggle-Those OT and PT lessons.  If you'd of asked me as a child, I disdained those days.  Now I miss them.  Thinking back on them now, there was joy in those days.  I enjoyed it.  Putting the square peg in the round hole makes me laugh as I remember my frustration mounting enough to jam that peg in a place it didn't belong.

2.  You will never get those years back, but alot of memories.
3.  Say thank you!  Thank you to my parents, family, and every medical professional I've had the pleasure of acquainting.

4.  Your life is not your own.  Once you learn this, every part of you will change.  The selfish part of me would have led you to believe this.  People are the biggest investment you will ever make.  Make it the best one.

5.  Don't fight God.  You will lose every time.  It's the gamble that never pays a dividend.  He loves you more than you ever can or will.

Make mistakes, just not ones that you can't repair.
Que Dios te bendiga.
R

No comments:

Post a Comment