Sunday, October 11, 2015

A swift kick

I went to church today, and got a swift kick in the ass.  One I needed.  The community God put me in needs my voice, they need to see me.  I need to provide hope.  They need to see me, one of them, do well.  An-abled body can't relate to them.  I can't abandon my community.  They didn't ask for disability, neither did I, but how will I respond.  Jesus has waited years for me to acknowledge the obvious.  It has one year with braces, and I didn't even know it if Facebook didn't remind me.  I have to remember that I should take walking a mile for granted.  I've lost sight.  My call has been right in front of my face, and I denied it.  It's not the call I wanted.  I was ashamed.  I wanted something neat. I didn't want the call that would cause me pain.  A friend told me I would have to choose.  I still didn't think so.  She was right.  Because the only pain it would cause me is my pride.  And I thought that is too much, but how much pain did He endure for me?
We were talking today in Sunday School about God's sense of humor, and He really has one.  He has used people and this blog to show me.  And right i want to cry and laugh at the same time.
You don't get to pick a calling, it picks you.
The pastor mentioned this Scripture:  Jesus came not to be served, but to serve and pay a ransom for many.
God Bless you all,
Regine

1 comment: