Tuesday, October 20, 2015

God in a shoe store

I just came from Charleston yesterday.  I got to spend some time with my sweet boy Andrew, and his baby sister, Hailey.
Hearing Andrew scream Gigi so many times made me so happy.  Seeing Hailey's sweet countenance was precious.
These kids make me see Jesus's goodness.  And He is good!
This trip I saw God in a shoe store.  The choice I made weeks ago is proving to be a right one.  I never thought I would be having a conversation about braces, Cerebral Palsy, and life in a shoe store. It's God.  By the end of a shopping trip, the lady helping us asked if she could give me a hug.  I didn't feel like I did anything.  I was just myself.  For God, that is enough.  I wondered why she wanted to hug me in that moment.  But folks it felt good to be hugged and thanked.  My life is no longer about me, it's what you do.
I found my place, now I just have to learn to let myself accept it.
From a babe, to a toddler to a lady in a shoe store, God leads.
Will I follow?
God Bless,
R

1 comment: