Saturday, May 13, 2023

Growing

 Growing means that God has me where He wants me even if that’s not where I want to be. Growing means that I loosen my hold on the reins. Growing means that I simply aim to be present. Being present in the present is one of the hardest lessons to learn. It means I don’t take on tomorrow’s problems. It means that I enjoy the day. I enjoy the simplicity of a hot cup of coffee relishing the bold aroma as it hits my nose. It means greeting my rambunctious puppy with kisses and lots of attention. It means letting the dewy grass massage my toes in the early morning. Growing means letting go of worry to bask in my surroundings. Growing means giving up something so I can gain more. 

10 comments:

  1. Thoughts for the day and they sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up to gain more . . . That's exactly what happens when we let go and let God. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Regine - letting go and enjoying the moment is surrender at it's best!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grazie mille per queste splendide parole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this. All the best to a beautiful Mother's Day weekend 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying the simple things each day makes us more content I think. I love how you find that in a good cup of coffee. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete