Friday, May 19, 2023

Joy

 Listening to the song that started my journey to Christ and I have some observations. 

He will supply my joy. Each day that I take in breath I will thank Him that I am more than here. I’m living to glorify His work in me. It is a joy to live. A statement I would not only say, but actually wholeheartedly believe. With every inhale, I’m affirmed and accepted. He does great work. I am His Picasso. I am exquisite.

He is my joy

The One who supplies my joy is also the source of it. Every move I make, He is there to remind me from whom my joy is made. That is a gift I’ve never sat down to examine. Maybe this needs some attention. From the song of my spirit to my whisper of my lips, You are it. 

There is joy in surrender. As I recall my journey to Christ, I remember how I willingly surrendered my need to have an answer. There was joy in the process. I need to return to where my desire is not in the answer but in the question. 

May I enjoy the journey as much as I seek the destination

12 comments:

  1. I love this. So beautiful. I remember singing a little song about joy as a child that has always stuck with me. "I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart! Where? Down in my heart! Where? Down in my heart! I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart! Where? Down in my heart to stay!" There are other verses, like, "I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart...", and also, "I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus down in my heart..." and the most fun verse was, "And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack! Where? Sit on a tack! Where? Sit on a tack! And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack! Where? Sit on a tack to stay!!!" This is just a little snippet of my childhood memories from Sunday School! Sweet memories. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts above about JOY. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO good to hear your positive affirmation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we all find joy in the journey, Regine. God would want it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to read your words.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post! May you be blessed with that success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were created with a plan and purpose, Regine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you can find joy in life. I know this can be a challenge for you. Great post!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless your positive attitude.

    Hugs and blessings, R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallelujah - there are times when we need to just sit and 'be' and marvel at the miracle of life eternal.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is joy in just being. Each day we get to start fresh

    ReplyDelete