Sunday, February 11, 2024

Distorted distraction

 God,

You’re speaking. Am I listening?  You keep telling me to guard my heart. What I want is not in line with who you are. Yet my self will is running like a cheetah at full speed. The songs I’m listening to on repeat are reminding me that what I want will not satisfy me. I know it, and yet I still desire what is so unhealthy. This habit is one of the hardest to break. As my therapist has advised, I’m human. Habits don’t break in days. It’s a choice to put one foot in front of the other, list my gratitude, and take breaks from worldly influences. If you must, turn off the tube, blast music and write until the keys cease working. Nourish the soul, cultivate your creativity and know that no one is you. The prism in which you see yourself must shift so patterns are broken. 

Lord

It’s me

My thoughts

Must be altered 

So my view

Is not 

A distorted distraction

4 comments:

  1. How we all struggle with these emotions from time to time, Regine. God will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the good Lord Bless and keep you safe. You are safe in His arms.

    Blessing and Hugs

    ReplyDelete