Sunday, February 4, 2024

The deity and the child

Just on the phone with a friend who was imploring me to celebrate myself for all my accomplishments when I said “I’m just me, and I don’t even know who me is.” I’m starting to think I’ll find her when I stop searching for her. 

Searching for Regine
Only leads
To malaise
Finding her
Joy
Is only
Found
When she embraces
The mystery
Within 
Her very 
Mind
Which holds
Keys that 
Unlock
The handcuffs
She’s allowed 
Disability 
To hold
Captive 
The thoughts
That slowly 
Diminish
The spirit
Deity
Placed
In the innermost location
Not known
To ordinary man
The world
Corrupts not
The enemy 
This child 
Faces
Is her own self

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, darling!
    Happy Sunday :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading your posts. This is way too deep for my pea-size brain, but reading it makes me smile. You inspire us to do better! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop looking, Regine. When we stop looking so hard, we usually find it -- whether it is a relationship or a lost phone. Just BE. Find your five bits of happy every day (more if possible -- sometimes five is hard!). We're all too hard on ourselves and we do ourselves no favors whatsoever. Don't obsess on your life. Just live it -- the good and the bad. You'll find you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice from your friend! Sometimes when we stop looking for something, it will find us. Hope you get what you need dear Regine <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some deep thoughts there after being challenged by your friend - may you find yourself, and get to know your Creator even more in the process
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are who you are in the here and now. All that you are to be is not in the here and now. We must navigate through life second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day. Each moment we live is a moment we find more of who we are. it is a lifelong journey.

    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete