Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Duke’s

 Kicking up

The red clay

Dancing in 

Flip flops

Covered in

Cut wet grass

And following

The sparrow

Who God covets

And wondering

When the 

Mustard seed

Can become 

Real 

For a soul

Needing

Daily resets

From a world

Demanding 

An expectation

From this human

Who just desires

A tomato sandwich

Spread with 

Duke’s mayonnaise 

And slices 

Of crisp bacon

Finding peace

In simple

Southern classics

Remind me

To access childhood

If only

From the 

Annals of 

My memory 


12 comments:

  1. We don't have Dukes in the north. I've heard it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually live in flip flops during the summer (or bare feet), but I have barely wore them this summer! I think I am getting old, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sweet words today. I made bacon this morning also, and had it with scrambled eggs. Yes, the simple things are what life is made of.

    Have a blessed week, dear Regine.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the Seattle area and I've never heard of Duke's Mayonnaise. I do love bacon though! Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words. I' not familiar with Duke's mayonnaise either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the biggest blessings of living in the south is a tomato sandwich made with Duke's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These words are so goos to read :) Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds a great combination in a sandwich - my favourite childhood sandwich was marmite (a quite salty spread) with cheese, on fresh bread.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting for my first BLT of the season. Just had my first Dukes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poeticamente perfeito. Lindo de ler
    .
    Saudações poéticas e amigas.
    .
    Poema: “ FELICIDADE EMOLDURADA “
    .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing better than a BLT in my book! Wonderful reflections here, Regine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Childhood memories.

    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete