Thursday, November 3, 2016

death of a democracy

Death of a Democracy
I no longer know the country of my birth
I no longer understand its people
Taxes are akin to treason
Guilt is assumed until otherwise ruled
The haves have imposed their will
To think a billionaire speaks for the proletariat is absurd
I'm awaiting the Bolshevik
Putin's laughing all the way to the bank
I wonder if all Christians worship the same Jesus
The love of money is the root of all evil
And yet we will elect lovers of money
We excuse one sin and applaud the other
This isn't my country.
I'm glad I'm a Christian now
because i don't display His love
At least my country doesn't
And to every non-Christian
I have failed Christ
And you ought to know
The Jesus who saved me
When life wasn't where I wanted to be
When a promised kept
And a trip
I'll never forget
Brought to a country of splendor
Where I realized that my birth country was beyond anything
I could ever articulate
And now I see demise on the horizon
I see faction
racism
and division
and despondency has set in
but for a man on Calvary

2 comments:

  1. "but for a man on Calvary" that says it all. Without hope in Christ, we would be of all men most miserable. But there is hope. And our light can shine brighter in the darkness! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete