Friday, December 29, 2023

Imperfection

 God, 

Here I am. I haven’t written you lately. I’ve forgotten where my help comes from. I can’t win all the battles or fight them all. I need a dose of You desperately. You are the source that never runs dry. I compare myself to everyone else, and don’t measure up. I won’t measure up because comparison will never give me the answers I seek. You are having to redirect my thoughts. Recalibrate my equilibrium. Put gratitude at the center. 

Imperfection

Is where I am

Until I can accept

That gratitude 

Is being thankful 

In all circumstances

11 comments:

  1. It's no use comapring yourself to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People often compare themselves with others on social media. Just be the wonderful and thoughtful and special person you are.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for blessings in your life, Regine. Watch for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your message is always so inspirational.
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Promise you will never compare yourself to blogland posts by others. It's tempting, isn't it, seeing so many beautiful things or places or hearing remarkable stories. It can also be the most damaging thing we can do. You are fine -- just as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful words. Remember we are all flawed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May God give you peace and joy in who you are and "Whose you are". He loves you so much that He sent His Son to die for you...He sends the sunshine every morning to brighten your day and warm your home and body. And He has blessed you with a gift for writing and sharing your messages to others to inspire us and encourage us as well. I am thankful for you being here and being our friend. You truly are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the hardest things to learn is gratitude, in all circumstances. Not 'for' all circumstances, but in them
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so hard to be thankful in all circumstances, but it does shift our perspective.

    ReplyDelete