Monday, April 8, 2024

Solar eclipse

 Lord

I was wrong

Not in

The path

Of totality

But in totality

Watching 

You work

Your magic

With the evidence

Of your Hands

Leaves me

Going back

To the days

Searching 

For you

To save me

From myself

I no longer

Look on 

The past

With bitterness

But with appreciation 

For what you’ve

Forced me 

To conquer

In my loneliness

Thank you

Solar eclipse

For the light

To look back

Without shallow indifference

But absolute awe

And what 

You do

When my 

Attention

Is elsewhere

Years ago

The mention

Of God

Would leave

Leave me

Running

For the hills

And right now

God and

His grace

Is the only reason

I rise

To fight

Another day

Even when

My understanding

Of the why

Is mired

In the knowledge 

That what 

I’d like to know

Most

May never

Be answered

Learning

To be okay

With that reality

Is what

I try not

To ponder much

Living in the present

And not the 

Presence 

Of what

I don’t know

Is the biggest obstacle

To my happiness

Or sanity

Or both

Keeping it 

Honest

No perfect lives

Here

Just hard knocks

Disability

Will shove 

Perfect 

Down the 

Drain

Faster

Than I can utter

Coherent thoughts

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're in a good place and I'm happy for you. Keep flourishing my dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you joy and happiness today and everyday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you applied the eclipse to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your words here.
    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a powerful way with words, Regine. Thank you for being honest with us and helping us to understand where you are coming from and where you are going to. Thank the Lord for His love and kindness and mercy and grace every day...He is ALWAYS there for you...as I believe you do know. It comes through your words loud and clear. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. God has given you the talent of seeing the wonder of His creation and expressing those feelings so deeply and honestly, Regine. Don't stop writing, don't stop changing hearts for the better. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mind if I share your words with my Sunday School Class? THis is a perfect prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen 🙏 love from me and Leaf…🍀💗🐾🍀

    ReplyDelete