Friday, September 15, 2023

Apples

 Lord,

Another doctor, another day. It takes a village to care for a body like me. And yet, You continue to provide. I was listening to some worship music this morning. It was talking about human timelines versus His. My toes got stepped on, but it didn’t anger me like it would have in the past. I’ve been asking for something for years.  It has not been granted yet. It doesn’t mean it won’t. It means my request is not on His timeline yet. It makes perspective a bit more palatable.  The faith of my birth has a very important holiday happening now. I will observe in my own way if I feel led. The faith of my birth, and the one that saved me ten years ago intersect. Jesus and I are intertwined in the sweetest of ways. I used to denounce my former faith, but I no longer can. God chose it. It has taught me lessons I won’t forget me. Faith saves me from myself. It’s growth for me to recognize and acknowledge that my past has a purpose. My past for as painful as it’s been, has been good as well. Not everything is a bag of rotten apples. Thank the Good Lord for that fact. I would be eating lots of bad fruit. That would be neither fun nor pleasant. 

Love yourself and one another

Regine

6 comments:

  1. "Jesus and I are intertwined in the sweetest of ways." I LOVE that! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It takes a village to care for a body like me" -- I wish I'd thought of those words first. It gets complicated, doesn't it -- one right after the other. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete