Monday, September 18, 2023

Hand

 I had a brief change of scenery yesterday. My soul didn’t know how much it was needed. The wet roads leading to fogged up trees obscuring the peaks was magical. It felt like the land of enchantment only described in fairytales. The fairy tale was real yesterday, and its glory was one to bring a mere and human to tears. Sometimes, I need to be gently reminded to just look.  The rain surrounding me made a landscape feel so mysterious yet calming in the same breath. A calm mystery that didn’t need to be solved. I didn’t want to solve it, just bask in it. In the pelting drops, God was washing the weariness of the last week away in an instant. 

Seek the Face

That first sought 

Mine

Making a frown

Turn upside down

Knowing that

When the inevitable

Heaviness would return

So would His Hand


21 comments:

  1. So beautiful, darling! Hope this rain can similarly cleanse me :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is full of such beauty it does bring peace and happiness to the heart. Happy Monday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful description! All the best to your creativity and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to have a change of scenery. Sometimes we find pleasant surprises there. I can just picture coming along with you by the words you wrote - the trees and the rain sound enchanting.

    Have a blessed week.

    ~Sheri

    **I'm doing good. Charlotte is doing good also. Thank you for asking. I bought a wee pumpkin on the store and wrote her name on it. Come by and see when you get a chance. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby is waiting for the rain and the fog. He loves walking in both. It is magical indeed.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Regine. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful words from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice for a different perspective. Do you live in the US? If so, I would love to send you the book you commented on today! If so, please send me a private message from my blog with your address. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes a change of scenery is just what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so like you to find the beauty in a rain-altered landscape, instead of complaining about the rain! You are an inspiration to us all! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A change of scenery does everybody good. I hope your still feeling the good effects from that time out. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that you enjoyed your change of scenery, it does sould like a magical day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had some nice time with a change of view. It's good for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your perspective makes all the difference,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this was so visual, I think I know what you are speaking of I feel like this sometimes when walking on my own in particular at dusk when it is windy...

    Love this!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen - He is always faithful, even when we cannot see it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful inspiring words dear friend.

    ReplyDelete