Friday, November 3, 2023

Braces

 This day I may be getting new leg braces, and I’m nervously excited. Growth is being grateful for things you once despised. I’m looking forward to stability. Stability is underrated. Form and function at the same time. I used to want to wear Blahniks, Choos and Louboutins. The shoes of the sleek and chic. Braces are not sexy, but falling isn’t either. Maybe the journey is to make braces the must-have accessory.  A girl can believe it. Maybe. Here’s to far fetched dreams. I’m writing this to remind myself that I may have growing pains. They’re expected. Usually, I don’t respond well. So maybe I need to treat braces like the fancy footwear they are. 

Love yourself and one another. 

Regine

12 comments:

  1. Instead of braces opt for the name leg jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for not falling down and stability. Maybe a hot pink color! Thinking of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you will "embrace" your new braces with joy and thanksgiving...they give you some freedom and stability, which I would think would give you a sense of peace. Praying for the transition to be smooth and comfortable. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so true that sometimes things we think are a pain in the you know where are actually good for us. Hurrah for stability and it hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stability is good :)

    Thinking of you and sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get the braces and adjust quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you love yourself, and prevent falls with your new braces, you will see them as the perfect accessory for beautiful you.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to read your post.
    Greetings, Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope it all goes well. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life has a way of making us re-think ourselves, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your leg braces fit you in just the right way, Regine. That was a dear thought you said about the fancy footwear. I'm not one on buying too many shoes. I just buy ones that will be good for the cold seasons that we get each year. I used to have more of a selection when living in the suburbs, but not so much anymore. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete