Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Learn

 Things I’m learning

You can’t please the world, and be happy

No one knows the extent of your battles

The greatest gift I can give myself is freedom

Freedom and disability are not mutually exclusive. When the latter allows the former, it is to be seized. 

I will not apologize for living. It’s time I did it fully and abundantly. 

Guilt has riddled my soul for years. I’m finally articulating my needs. It feels good. Forty and finally speaking my truth. 

My body handcuffs me most days, so with good days, I take them. 

I’m proud of what last week taught me about myself. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

I have to remember that not everyone will understand your decisions and champion them, and that’s okay. 

Love yourself and one another

14 comments:

  1. You are special in so many ways. You are blessed and you bless others. Thank you for being You.

    Special Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It is good to speak out about your needs and what is really going on with you. People may not always understand, but it helps if they are given the truth. May God continue to strengthen and direct your paths and give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest with others about how you are feeling is priceless. Keep speaking boldly and beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regine I feel blessed to be your friend. We may never meet in person so ( sorry if this offends non-Christians) we will meet in heaven someday. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're speaking your truth! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I think I know those things, but in reality it's ever learning.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post. Why are these truths so hard to learn? And so hard to keep foremost in our minds? Keep on keeping on, Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well said! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Gloriousher

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to read this. Thanks so much for your strength! Keep writing! & my you have a beautiful December!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful words from you. i miss reading your poems and poetry.

    JULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
    JULIE ANN LOZADA INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete