Sunday, November 12, 2023

God’s love

Lord,
Not every day will be sunshine and roses. Rainbows and hearts. Some days, I will revert to unhelpful habits. I will need to be reined in from my impending insanity. I’m having to welcome the maelstrom of the mind. The storm for me is as necessary as air most days. I’m being sharpened in the process of becoming one with self and my Savior. Suffering for you and with you is not something I ever thought I’d welcome. You want me to feel, examine and explore. Feel it all. Examine what makes my heart beat. Explore what drives the passion of the soul. 

Pain
My worst enemy
Not so much 
It brings me
Closer
To the heart
Of the Father
Where He accepts
Total surrender
With a happy sigh
For the child
Realizes
That not a thing
Can happen
Without the
Parental approval

Dependence
Surrender
Acceptance
The trifecta
That leads
To independence

Love
Four letters
One word
That embodies another
GOD

7 comments: