Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Learning

I amaze myself sometimes.  I always thought I would never cook.  I was too afraid of burning down the house, or making inedible food.  Yesterday I made a vegetable pasta salad from my new Betty Crocker cookbook that was surprisingly good.  I always thought microwave dinners would be my main source of nutrition given my fear of the stove.  I am learning that I may never be Eric Ripert, but I can cook in the traditional sense if that is what I want.  I also am learning that I may not be the worst cook that ever lived, either.  I am making a lot of pasta dishes, but I am starting somewhere!
I am learning to face my fear, no matter how paralyzing, it may be for me.
I am being the change I wish to see in the world
Gandhi spoke no truer words than this.
The change is starting within me.
I am proud of myself!
What are you proud of today?  Would love to hear!
R

1 comment:

  1. I love my Betty Crocker cookbook! I am sure you will learn many more recipes. Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete