Monday, January 14, 2013

Not a proud moment

This morning I had to have my baclofen pump refilled.  This happens every several months, so I am not unaware of what happens.  The baclofen pump is located at my abdomen, and is used to alleviate spasticity.  I always get so anxious about these visits.  It doesn't matter how many times I have the pump refilled, my anxiety hits the roof.  Making matters worse, a new doctor, was to refill the pump.

I was so worried about the pump refill, doctor and getting on that darn scale, that I couldn't focus on all the good in life.  The weather was beautiful outside, I am walking, I am relatively pain-free and I have access to some of the best healthcare a girl could ask for in this world.  Fear consumed me.  What if this, what if that.  I realized I have no faith once I walk into that waiting room.  My weight will fluctuate.  And the baclofen pump will be with for a while.

I was reading a Max Lucado book where it said:  "Pray first and then exercise 'gratitude'."  After the appointment, I felt terrible for having the anxiety I had.  The new doctor is very nice and competent.  I could stand to lose a few pounds, but my weight stayed the same as the last time.
I need to exercise Philippians 4:6-7 every day.
"Don't worry about anything, pray about everything."
If I believe as I say I do, I need to let God do His job.
I am home now.  I am a bit weary and tired, but nothing a good nap can't fix.
God Bless,
R

1 comment:

  1. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete