Saturday, July 8, 2023

Courageous

 Yesterday I was looking back over old posts. Some thoughts came to me. Disability never leaves you as much as you wish it would. It’s the leech that won’t let you be. I went through the last two years, and I can say this with certainty:  Therapy is essential.  Learning to cope is a daily battle. A battle I’m learning to fight with love not abject hate. I didn’t not like looking back because it reminds me that so much work is left to do. I’m then prodded to remember that work is not bad or an indictment of failure. Work means I spend time with myself understanding the progress is a process. A process in understanding. An understanding that brutal honesty is not always the best policy. Kindness towards self should be my focus. How can I expect kindness from others when I’m unwilling to give it to myself. Mind and body must undergo routine examination to maximize optimal utilization. 

Grant me courage

To love oneself

Enough

To answer questions

I’ve always avoided

10 comments:

  1. Kindness to self can be hard, so can courage - but needed! You are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all works in progress, aren't we? Such a good thing to remember. Wishing you an awesome weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dai che stai andando bene.
    Ognuno giorno che fai un passo in più rispetto al precedente siine soddisfatto e premiati.
    Premiarsi per gli sforzi è una coccola per volersi bene ogni giorno di più

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to me that we too often save our sharpest criticisms for ourselves. Be kind to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle to be kind to myself. Always have - it feels selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Due to events early in my life, I too have had difficulty being kind to myself - I am getting there slowly, with God's help. May God grant you the grace to fully love yourself
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully said. It is much let ourselves get in the way of ourselves, isn't it? Happy new week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we need to be kind to ourselves, as sometimes the world can bring us hard things. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, my friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete