Thursday, July 13, 2023

It’s me Lord

 As I was working out this morning my trainer said something time under tension. The point to the strengthening exercises is to hold each moment with precision. That means slow and steady. I keep going back to those two words. I’m to revel in the burn, the duress. I’m to see the motive to the mission. I was reading back on old posts, and I had to see how every no had a purpose. These no’s were a gain for me. I lost nothing. In this time of a no that stung, my writing increased. As I look back it was some of my best work. I was honest to a fault, freely letting my thoughts fly. Writing has been my sounding board. The venue for which my soul rested in truth. My truth has been formed by a reality I never desired. As I exercise each day, I’m reminded of some facts


I was bought with a price

My scars

He carries them all

With an endurance

To weather

Impossibilities

Mere mortals

Are not equipped

To handle

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have to go through different experiences to understand ourselves, but also to understand that without outside support we would not be what we are today 😉

    Your short text is great! A very important...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those last words. They were what I needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MiL always told me, if I complained about something, they are "life's little tests", I would reply, why do I keep getting exams then? Yep! Life is hard sometimes, wish I could learn what's expected of me, to move on. Wishing you well Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminders and sharing. You inspire and help us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find wisdom in the daily events. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hold each moment... and enjoy it...
    Kisses dear R!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, with Him we endure what we thought was unendurable
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your therapist is right -- I've heard the same. And yes, you are wise to recognize it applies to all elements of life. I'm so very glad you write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slow and Steady are two good words that are useful in our every day lives. I'm glad they have helped you. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete