Monday, July 10, 2023

Washing machine

 Washing my sheets on this rainy Monday morning has me drawing some parallels with life. The rain may dampen my mood, but it necessary to rid all the impurities and toxins of life. The rain wipes the slate for new thoughts to take hold. My thoughts need a daily cleanse. If anyone were to go through the scramble of my thoughts, they’d be shocked. The amount of worry and anxiety that roams around my brain is one I can’t quantify. My thoughts are like my sheets. They’re not privy to the cleansing, they just know it’s happening. Maybe that’s all that needs to be known. The answer is not as vital as the process to the outcome. Life is much like that sentiment. The destination is not as important as the journey to arrive there. This is all to say that maybe I should take a spin in the proverbial washing machine.


Blessings my friends. Love oneself and one another. 

Regine

20 comments:

  1. I love how you added the washing machine to your daily thoughts, very creative. The rain is good so for many reasons. It cleans and refreshes everything. I'm glad you got some rain. Have a blessed week, dear friend.

    ~Sheri

    *I love the name Sophia. Thanks for mentioning it on the post. I'll be sure to tell Jess of all the names that come through. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain also brings the flowers to brighten our days. I hope you're doing well today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing analogy. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an insightful analogy and it makes so much sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is true the journey is what matters. And I have to say I enjoy a good rainy day.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Regine, it's all about the journey. God already knows the destination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What a great analogy, and I think we all can relate,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. You do come up with such wonderful thoughts and analogies. You really make me have to stop and think about these things! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings to you as well, Regine:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps we all should take that spin in the machine! What a thoughtful post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes our minds need to be cleansed of all bad and negative thoughts and be made new with good and pleasing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to remind myself it is the journey that matters and to let go of the outcome. I love a rainy day, it is like a cleanse. xx
    Janet
    www.rediscoveringmystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think we all have thoughts that we would be embarrassed if others knew of them. I love your analogy of the need for a 'mind wash'.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. The awareness is key and you are aware. Love your analogy with the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes cleansing and healing is part of process

    http://alyinwanderland.com
    http://alyssabustilloofficial.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mind needs a good washing to cleaar out all the cobwebs!

    ReplyDelete