Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Forty observations.

 I don’t know what number I left off on, but I was stuck on how to continue. It was suggested I share some small things that make the list too. 

Here we go. 

Eating cold fish at 9pm listening to Bamboleo by the Gipsy Kings brings back memories that are bittersweet. 

Shopping for self with just a pleasure to try on clothes I wouldn’t normally choose. They didn’t work, but enjoyed playing fashion model for a moment. 

Being challenged in a workout, where I thought they were trying to make me insane felt good. Each session I realize doing hard things is where I thrive even when it is the bane of my existence. 

As you get older, you thank God for living in America for creature comforts. Air conditioning and plumbing. 

When I complain about aching limbs, I remember to be grateful to not be missing any. 


Love one another and yourself. 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, when I complain about something going on, I remind myself to pray for others who are dealing with bigger dragons. I am in two prayer groups at church and people ask for prayer for their truly heavy burdens. Enjoy those little pleasures you listed, they make life sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so often reminded that in the grand scale of things I am very lucky. Sadly it doesn't stop all of my complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I start to whine about anything that's going on, I force myself to stop and remember to pray and be thankful.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/07/how-denial-hurts-helps-and-how-to-cope.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So often, it's my gratitude attitude that gets me through the day unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping made me chuckle.....sometimes I will see a fashionable dress, clothes, but don't even try it on because I know it won't work for me. Same with jewelry. But it's nice looking, isn't it? We have our own styles, and that's a good thing.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these and agree with them, we are spoiled here in U.S., so thankful though. It is amazing when we work through the pain it is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete