Sunday, July 30, 2023

Thoughts

 Birthday celebrations part one

Family will show up when you least expect it, and the initial shock will be replaced with a gratitude that can’t be explained. Love will be shown in actions that can’t be measured. And in that moment your perspective and perception shift on a dime. I’ve never been more thankful to be pleasantly surprised. 


I have mixed feelings on forty.  It’s a mix of anxiety and excitement. I’m still gathering my thoughts. 

A few nights in a hotel bed with air conditioning, a hot shower and HBO is glorious. 

12 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of sweet memories ahead. All the best on a beautiful birthday and moređź’—

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Enjoy your celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy every minute of your birthday celebrations, Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Regine - enjoy the pampering and the blessings that come with it
    Blessings and joy,
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Regine. 40 did not bother me at all, but when I turned 50 I did call myself turning 40-10.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That DOES sound glorious. 40 is a good decade! Just find the good in every day and you'll be fine! More happy birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Forty is right around the corner for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm double 40 and still having fun. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. So glad your family made your day special.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete