Thursday, January 18, 2024

Grace

 I was stretching this morning, and something was said that has me thinking. “The source of discomfort is not getting rid of tension”.  I haven’t related to a statement so viscerally in quite awhile. The tension I feel is now more mental than physical. God is using tension to break me. Break me from feeling I’m not enough. That to be admired, I must be known. Break me from jealousy of being normal. Break me from what I want. I feel like I’m being told that what I want would crush me in the worst way. God is protecting me from myself. What a concept. It all comes down to peace. What kind of peace, I don’t know. I’m in an I don’t know state. 

Grace me with the discernment to learn to let go, or just let God be God. 

Thank you so much. 

16 comments:

  1. God is always working on us. That phrase is really deep and now you have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cross in my office/Study/repair area states "Be Still And Know". Psalm 46:10

    Blessings and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daily pray is that all things come to me in God's time. I trust his plan over my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing wrong with an "I don't know" state. Sometimes it is right where we need to be as we think through all possible ideas and outcomes and beliefs. Just go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that quote about discomfort and tension. I'm going to have to think about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always keep your faith and Always remember: You are braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem, and Smarter than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do tend to think we know best but God's way is much better than what we can imagine for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surrendering to God's plan, even when it's unclear, is an act of faith. May you find peace in letting go and trust in the unfolding journey, R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God has it under control. Trust that the plan for you is weaving together as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep your confidence going! Have faith in the Almighty.
    https://www.volatilespirits.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The thing to remember is that you are God's creation. And He loves what He creates. No rejects from His production line.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your writing...beautiful. I once read and for me I kind of find it true. It is only in the present moment when God's love and perfection and beauty can be noticed. When we go to the past or contemplate the future, God...the movement of life, doesn't register because our brain is too busy projecting fear...but sometimes it feels like we are breaking ...but we're breaking out of prison to see the truth of who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Comparison is the thief of contentment. Lord, grant us wisdom and discernment in all things. Amen.

    ReplyDelete