Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Yes

 I’ve always thought God why do you allow me to weather pain. Some say I do it well. Some don’t agree. I wonder if I should take a poll. I happen to come up on an Instagram story that tries to explain what pain does. He said “Pain prepares you for your purpose”.  Since birth God has prepared me for my purpose. I’m no longer denying what I know. I still experience pain, because my purpose needs tweaking. True time under tension as my exercise app says. No tension. No refinement. No reflection. I don’t wish you pain, but if brings about your purpose, bear it. 

8 comments:

  1. Mmmm, sometimes it would be good to know a little of the purpose to sustain the pain???

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my favourite prayer there is this part: "... accepting hardships as the pathway to peace". Pain might be something of the similar kind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If pain has a refining purpose, it's worth enduring.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a blessed day, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, only in my opinion, my pain only serves to remind me to wake up to what's real, not what the ego wants us to experience and live with. Possibly this lifetime is a reminder that I am always loved and safe regardless of what physicality appears to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I have experienced prolonged pain, to press into God helps - but I must admit there are times I query it..
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete