Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Awaits

 Lord,

Singing out as the gospel music wraps around my being bringing joy. Making a change to what feeds this body. Letting light surround and be the amplifier. Choosing joy is a daily battle, but one I know await. Trusting you to guard all of me. I’m not yet strong enough to handle all that wars for my attention. For today, starting it out, just right. 

Let me be beauty

In the ugliness

That pervades

My surroundings

Learning to drink

In the 

Living water

That is readily available

For me 

To taste

Be still

And know

Takes on

New meaning

With each moment

That graces

My jeweled fingers

16 comments:

  1. Your bravery always inspires, darling!
    Will try to choose joy today :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful . . . Yes, joy is available to us moment by moment. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no ugliness, only beauty. remember that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the part about being beauty in the ugliness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such amazing words to share.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thoughts and words - we all need to learn to 'be still' and listen to God.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Touching words my friend. I hope to be still and drink in the living water as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully written words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete