Thursday, October 5, 2023

Understand

 I was listening to a song, and there was a line that got me. “There is beauty in what I can’t understand”. Not much of my life have I found this to be true for me. I’ve never understood my own life. I’ve always wanted to understand. The thing is:  I still don’t. After these few words, maybe this is one pursuit that needs a permanent hiatus. As much as I complain, my life is good. So very good. Excellent even. I must say I’ve always sought an answer. Desired one. Craved it as much as my next breath. This is going to be one habit that needs to be broken. My need for the why has left me cranky, utterly miserable and unable to enjoy the moment. Fixing my issues requires tough love. A love others tried to give, but I soundly rejected. I want this for me in this moment. Knowing that I may not understand much of this life, I’m determined to find its beauty. 

Love yourself and each other

Regine

15 comments:

  1. Just be in the moment and enjoy the blessings you've been given. Focus on the positives and be grateful for what you have, and try not to focus on what you don't have. A grateful heart always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already see much of it. Your sharing is part of what you seek. I agree with Carol L. It is not what you don't have but what you do have.

    Love, Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To see the beauty in everything, we need to be able to appreciate the little things even when we don't necessarily understand them. Stay strong and be well dear Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard not knowing or having answers. But there is beauty in moving forward in faith. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true. Asking 'why' just sends us round and round with no end in sight leaving us frustrated and disappointed.. Asking 'what' can sometimes lead us to fresh discoveries. And what a joy that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true Regine - the 'why's' can wait until heaven - and then we probably won't care!! Doesn't mean we don't ask them, but we also need to let them go sometimes.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Love yourself and each other"...so true:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are many "why's" I am curious about, my devotion this morning was on patience, and it said it is only being able to wait for something but doing it with a good attitude, and I have to admit I haven't always had a good attitude with my patience, will have to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, we have to love ourselves before we can fully let go. Not in a way of ego but a way of pure love, which includes acceptance of both good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A priest once told me that life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
    Just live in the present and appreciate the gifts you have received.

    Hugs and blessings, R

    ReplyDelete