Friday, October 13, 2023

Days

 After the past few days, I’ve been silent not because I don’t follow what is going on in the world. I’m acutely aware of it. Almost too aware. I’ve been anxious, depressed and downright angry. These feelings have not served me. I’ve learned and am still learning that if I do not have anything nice to say, it will not be uttered. Going back to kindergarten daily. I’ve realized in almost eleven years in sharing my heart, that what I share is to heal me. If it helps heal you, Praise Him. I’ve been happier since trying to limit my intake of social media. It just engenders jealously in me. Jealousy I can’t afford. I’ve realized that if I go into writing with the aim to change minds, it doesn’t work most of the time. I’m simply the instrument God may use to further His desires. When I said I need a clean heart, I meant it. I’m just wanting to be worthy of the call God has for me. When I trust Him, He works all things for my good. I have to believe that my desires haven’t been met because I lack absolute trust and surrender. It’s where my focus is right now. Love yourself and one another 

Regine

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful introspection detailed so beautifully here, Regine. Let us be instruments willing to be played by the Lord Himself. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I’m just wanting to be worthy of the call God has for me."

    He doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a 'treasure' ~ hold that in your heart ~ yes, the world seems to be in a mess ~ hope you can be safe and loving with yourself where you are ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's not about a lack of trust, but learning to accept God's timing for us...which never seems to match up with my own timeline. That's where I struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are indeed introspective. And sometimes the old saying "you do you" holds true. You have to care for, love yourself before you can truly be there for all. Your journey often reminds us of parts of our own (for which as readers we are grateful) but ultimately, it is yours alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the attempts to change others are usually disappointing. Focusing on our own positive change is all we can do. Happy Friday, Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's keep trusting God. He will never fail us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know anxieties can get the best of us. I hope you are doing well. Pray and keep calm. I know that alone is a very tall order. All the best to a calm weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying that you are having a good day. I have to turn off the media from time to time. I get can get depressed just watching the news. So many hurting people in the world it makes me feel helpless...but then I realize that I have to do what I can to help those around me...and then Pray a lot more...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Con la fe en Dios siempre, Besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trust in the Lord is very important. It's so good that you know this, Regine.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all need to have a break from the news. Thanks for your thoughtful words to keep us calm and focused.

    ReplyDelete