Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Gratitude

 Gratitude

This past week has been one for the books for my tolerance of physical pain and mental anguish. Meeting the living world again is a gift. It’s a gift I often forget. Yesterday walking the streets of uptown was something I didn’t realize I needed. I was fully present. Most days I walk around oblivious. Oblivious to my surroundings. I’m often lost in my thoughts. Often in what I don’t have. And yesterday as I opened the door of my coffee shop, I ordered ice water. As I sat to enjoy my water, some thoughts came to mind. As much as I enjoy the coffee, I crave the atmosphere. From the barista, who knows my name, and always asks if I need help. I watch the regulars. I watch the newbies. I watch it all. And it gives me peace and a joy made for me. I observe the fashion statements. The striped tee and cardigan, to the young lady dressed for a night at a disco. The mother who put on some rouge to look presentable, and bask in needed caffeine and commiseration. I’ve found when one is grateful, you will find joy in anything and everything. 

What are you grateful for today?

Love yourself and one another. 

Regine

14 comments:

  1. So good you have somewhere to get out too, I probably don't leave my house enough, guess I am a homebody. I am thankful for all the things I can still do, there is so much more that I can do then what I can't and for that I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful to have my family come to church together. Its such a blessing to worship the Lord together. I'm also grateful for the Word of God which is sharper than a two edged sword.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for this uplifting post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for your posts. I'm grateful that we are both healthy enough for our visits to the doctor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grateful today for God's unfailing love. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gratitude is a gift that keeps giving. And giving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful words. Sending a prayer your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm grateful for my children and everything they teach me :) Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. True - gratitude really changes our perspective - I am grateful for a fabulous sunny spring day today :), and taking my grandson out for morning tea at a local cafe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post. And such a good reminder that to be grateful for the moment, we need to be present to the moment. I'm grateful for your reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mindfulness and observation. It centers us, helps us see. This is a lovely post, Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked what you observed at the coffee shop, Regine. The atmosphere is sometimes as good as the coffee, isn't it? I got to drive through Starbuck's recently, and got myself a coffee and pumpkin treat. It's been awhile, and it was wonderful. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete