Thursday, October 12, 2023

Lord

 Lord,

I don’t have words. Even if I did, they’d fall short. In light of this fact, I’m staying still and seeking the silence I need. The noise is overwhelming, and the bandwidth I have right now is on thin ice. Show up for Your people. Let them still see You in me despite my stillness. Be kind to yourself and others. Be the kindness most people cannot give themselves. Be the lamp, Lord. In my respite, You still work. Releasing the reins so my soul can rest. The mind needs a break from the spinning it does like a rider on a Peloton. 

Love covers a multitude of sins. Regine, love yourself, so you can properly love others. 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration. Something we take for granted -- love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Sometimes we just have to step aside from the fray and let others do the "talking" while we rest. We will come back stronger for the time spent in being restored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To love oneself is at times difficult.. something I still battle with, but not as much as I did. See Eph 2:10a and substitute 'work of art' for workmanship, and wow, it changes something and hits the heart - well it did for me this morning, and may you also be blessed by it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worlds events are like spinning on a merry-go-round! Unsettling at best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is the greatest gift of all. That last sentence is so very special.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete