Thursday, October 5, 2023

Lord

 Lord,

Pulling out all the stops

Surrender comes

When you’re too tired

To fight your own self

Fighting rest

I rested

Fighting sleep

I slept

Fighting my health

More doctors’ appointments

Right now

I acquiesce 

It’s just easier

The irony is

I accept more

Because physical relief

And mental peace 

Mean more

Than the riches

Of this world

Wisdom comes

When surrender appears

No matter how it comes

Is not my concern

I’m just glad

It’s come

To my door

5 comments:

  1. You may be surprised at how few understand this. The secret word here is surrender. I have a wooden cross hanging in my office area. It says "Be Still, & Know" (Psalm 46:10) There is more internal beauty in you than you know. It is not the outside appearance or the physical health that defines you. It is the spirit within.

    Love, Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisdom and surrender are very close.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete