Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Covet

 Train up a child in the way they should go, and they will not depart from it. 


As I’ve mentioned these past weeks have been rough, but let me say God was faithful in my distress. And my distress allowed me to learn to be present. I have no desire to return to the discomfort, but I can acknowledge its purpose. Too often I’m in yesterday or tomorrow. I’m rarely in today. Today has value. I seldom recognize it. In those weeks I read the Word, but it didn’t stick. The Word was moving with me. Every step was act of trust. I had no faith in self, but in Who He has been to me. I don’t have children, but whoever sees me, let them know goodness comes from Him. He becomes the shield that shelters me. 

Cover me

Covet me

As your beloved

Show the children

Who is always there

To soften the blow

And kiss their

Boo boos

5 comments:

  1. There is so much value in being fully present today and not worrying about tomorrow! I know it is hard, but working at it is so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying in the present is hard, very hard at times. Like Cindy mentions, we have to practice it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :Living in the moment is one of the great challenges in life. Your honesty is refreshing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its such a blessing to have God in our lives. He's our shelter and I really feel sorry for people who haven't put their faith in our Lord Jesus. Thank you for your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Regine, what a lesson - it is such a valuable one. To be able to live in 'today' and love and be loved by the Father, are two amazing blessings
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete