Monday, August 28, 2023

Lord

 Lord, 

These notes are a weekly occurrence it seems. The fog comes and goes. Half the time I don’t know what day it is anymore. I have to be intentional about being in the here and now. Comparison really is my thief of joy these days. I question if I’m making you proud. Making you glad to call me Yours. I got a package the other day filled with cards, and one specifically got my attention. Let me say, it hit a nerve. It said something like the struggle builds strength. Well, four words have stuck in my crawl. It’s something I needed to hear, see and read. It’s been the season of struggle. The least I can hope for is strength. Strength for what I don’t know yet. I’m in a season of blissful ignorance. I don’t know how else to put it honestly. So as I strap weights on my ankles, Lord, lift the weight off my heart. It feels like I could make a book off my letters to you. 

Love yourself and one another

19 comments:

  1. Hello, Ellie,
    I can put myself in your shoes, because my days are also full of physical and psychological suffering. I send you some of my strength!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the struggle. I think it's true, but it's no fun while it's happening. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think we question ourselves constantly with our struggles. Was I a good person today? I question it every night. All the best to your faith and to go on. Keep going. Stay strong. Stay wise. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it seems like a struggle for you but you really are making amazing progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all struggle looking for answers, better health, ease of mind. We have lots of questions and the answers are few. Stay strong and our faith will guide us through whatever issues we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fog free week, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. The package of cards sounds wonderful, and I've been thinking lately that if I see a special card, to buy it, so I'll have a collection when I need them. I'm sorry you're struggling this season, and I hope the Fall season brings you much more joy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope tomorrow is better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your words. Wishing you strength today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He counts our tears and holds our days--- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5SARNm0M8A

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like sometimes people share these sayings when they really have no idea what they are talking about or what the actual experience. Mainly b/c they have not experienced what they are stating.

    Hope things improve and tomorrow is a better day.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen, Sister! And may you find peace soon and answers to your ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I often need to ask for His grace, to simply survive what is going on around me - These challenging seasons are never easy, but great preparation for growth, and they give us greater empathy for others.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. These words move me and my prayer is that you feel comfort and love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. May he grant you strength in each new day and hope for the days ahead, and thankful for the here and now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I depend on my being His daughter just as you do. May these days be filled with hope and gratitude to the One who is always there.

    ReplyDelete