Saturday, August 5, 2023

Forty

 I was asked a question yesterday. The question was what was my favorite part of my birthday. I didn’t immediately have a response. I celebrated my birthday for a whole week. 

Here are my favorites

Some time spent dockside with my brother and sister-in-law. To sit in the breezes and smells while chatting was a simple pleasure I will never forget. Feeling loved without uttering a word was priceless. Feeling protected and secure within their presence is a gift. 

Having a red velvet cake specifically made for me. The beautiful writing of Happy Birthday Regine made my heart swell. I looked at it too many times as I commit it to memory. My sisters and I used to share a birthday cake.  I also wanted to have my own cake as a child, and at forty I wanted to share a cake. 

The ability to celebrate starting seaside, and then changing to mountain peaks was amazing. Going from a rainy sunset cruise to the heights is a blessing. As I looked out at the sunset, I allowed myself to be silent as God shouted. In the mountains, I simply stared at how much I had to be thankful for. 

So here is my hope for forty

I embrace it all. I seek joy. I seek peace. I don’t fight. I just seek options. My energy and peace of mind are to be preserved and paramount to my mental health. Forty. You are to be the blessing that keeps giving. 

Love yourself and one another. 

16 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for you! Such wonderful emotions!
    Real life begins at 40!
    Dear Regine,
    May all your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to hear your thoughts on turning 40, Regine. Sounds like you had a wonderful week. When I read your words, "I seek joy, I seek peace," a mourning dove flew on my front yard. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really hope that the rest of your year matches your birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an unforgettable birthday, Regine! Celebrate God's blessings every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you feel loved and protected within your close family. That's the best one could wish for. Hopefully, the ago of 40 brings you only blessings and best happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful message! Especially about the cake. Wishing you many blessings this coming year and what's ahead. All the best to everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birthday week sounds so amazing. I'm so glad you were gifted with so many blessings and moments of joy. I hope that continues throughout the year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday! I love that you celebrate your birthday week and it sounds like it was filled with amazing things! I love that you're embracing it all and seeking peace, that is my goal as well as my age!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday, Regine! Wish you all the best! I'm glad you are embracing forty! It's a very good age to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing reflection on your birthday - it must have been a very special time.
    I have just heard a wee devotional about living life at the pace of Joy and Prayer - quite provocative
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday! What an amazing idea to celebrate you birthday all week, I love that!
    Janet
    www.rediscoveringmystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you shared these memories. They are beautiful and it sounds like it was a particularly wonderful and memorable birthday, for which I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday, it sounds like it was a very special day and I am so glad it is one you will remember for a long time!!

    ReplyDelete