Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Lord

 Lord, 

I’m staring at this screen willing the words to come. To flow from my soul and hit my fingertips. I need to go back to when the words you graciously provided were the balm to my soul. And I come here asking for giving me what I need.  Some days, I’m not too sure of what I want or need anymore. So I’m asking You to show me. Show me Your will and way. I’m overthinking, and need the only voice that can soothe the ache that resides within me. I feel a need to be productive. It’s like you’re telling me that rest is productive. You don’t give as the world does, and yet I forget that everyday. I crave success as much as I crave my next sweet treat. In rest, I’m successful. Obedience is success. Reading Your Word today where it says will worry add one hour to my life, it won’t. I know it, and yet too often worry is the first thing I focus on. I’m recognizing that I can’t live without You, just as much as You desire my presence in Yours. 

Be still. It will come. 

Thank you. 

Regine

11 comments:

  1. Yes, it will come, and resting with God is as refreshing as being creative, in fact, more so.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful words and thoughts. Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartfelt reflection. Words flow freely to me. But as a debut author, I'm terrified how my words will be perceived by readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! It will come.

    Hugs and blessings, R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this, it's where I'm at. The new of I Corinthians 5.17 will continue to keep coming because He is faithful. and He desires daily relationship with us,
    Sorry I've been off the radar. I went to my sisters in WI and came home sick...Off the antibiotic now and doing better!

    ReplyDelete