Friday, August 25, 2023

Rooted

 Play in the doh

What Play-doh

Teaches a forty

Year old

Get in there

Make a mess

Have fun

Channel the

Inner child

Let exploration occur

The joy happens

When the creative mind

Is allowed to roam

Without rules

And happiness

Is allowed

To reign supreme

Be the kid

Your adult self

Long abandoned

For responsibility 

And caution

Learning that fun

Is not something

To deny yourself

Just because

You are granted

The opportunity

To age

Even if

It is

The greatest privilege

The few

See eighty

Or ninety

Leaving a legacy

That spans generations

Love the journey

For it is

What your pride

Will be rooted in

Forevermore

13 comments:

  1. I get to spend today playing with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Che bello giocare e tornare bambini

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I have not outgrown making a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I think I will make some pastry dough and play in the kitchen with my patty pans! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My inner child is frequently the happiest and healthiest part of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely thoughts and catering to that little kid inside us keeps one young.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your creative energy is flowing, girl! what a relaxing, fulfilling, joyful way to spend our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved playing with play-doh when my children (and grandies) were young - now I play with paper and glue and scissors etc, and needle and thread too.
    Creativity is an important part of our lives, after all we were made in the image of God the Creator.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Play-doh is the best! And I love the advice to be the kid your adult self abandoned. Thanks, Regine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! And I love play doh! Some of my best times with the grands are play-doh times! We can talk while we do it and be creative too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Play dough times are the best times, indeed. There's something so wonderful with working with your hands and creating.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete